Monday, July 4, 2016

Lowes, 1360 S. Washington Street in North Attleborough

Back in early 2014, Lowes posted a few job openings on their website at one of the locations near me. I said to myself “screw this online app crap,” I've filled out loads of these online apps and it's getting me nowhere, so I’m gonna go to that store and apply in person (or, at least, perhaps talk to the manager). I pulled into the lot and, sure enough, there was a big banner saying they’re hiring. So I walked in, and approached the woman behind the counter at the customer service desk at the entrance. 

This woman first ignored me, then didn’t even attempt to smile at me as I “interrupted” whatever she was doing. I asked if I can fill out a job application, and she looked at me like I had sprouted an extra head, stating sternly with a nasty scowl on her face that the only way to apply is on their website, and if I don’t have a computer I could go to a library to do it. I said I have a computer, I’m just sick of online applications and I know my app won’t be seen by anyone. She didn’t have one fucking thing to say to me in response, just continued to give me a nasty look as I walked away in disgust. Fuck you, nasty woman at Lowes. And, fuck you, Lowes.


No comments: